2. He is one of the most fair-minded and nonjudgmental people I have ever met. He values people's right to their own opinion and tries to see the world from other people's perspective. He pushes me and others to examine our views and to see people in a broader and more generous light.
3. He isn't afraid to say that he doesn't know something or that he is wrong. He keeps learning and evolving every day.
4. We can have long serious conversations one minute and be completely silly the next.
5. We can dream and plan together and our dreams align so nicely (i.e. he doesn't think that the homestead dream is crazy).
6. He is creative. Even as his path has changed, he holds onto his love for music and creativity. Some of my favorite gifts have been the songs he composed for me.
7. He is determined. He pushes himself to achieve his goals and inspires me to push myself as well. (I would never have become a semi-decent runner without him).
8. He takes care of me, indulges me, and makes me want to be a better person and wife.
9. He cooks, cleans, and does more than his share of housework without asking. Our house would probably completely fall apart without him.
10. I would rather spend time with him than anyone else, and I never grow tired of his company!
For Nathan, he usually also treats himself by going on a crazy (i.e. too intense for Kristy) cross-country ski or snowshoe expedition and enjoying some time in the snow. So I expect that you can look forward to some gorgeous pictures of his expedition next week!
So once again, happy birthday my dear. I love you!